On the kota-Jhalawar road, just 06 kms short of Jhalawar town is a beautiful wooden cottage situated on the banks of the kishan Sagar. The interesting point about this cottage is that transported to this place almost in its original condition. The department of irrigation. The cottage brought by the maharaja of Jhalawar was exhibited at Lucknow in 1936 and was originally constructed by the forest research institute of Dehradun.
Located 24 kms from Jhalawar, Bhim Sagar was once the capital of kheechibara. The dam on the Ujar River is an excellent picnic spot. Ruins of palaces, temples and mosques of both Muslims and Rajputs architecture, can be seen here.
This city of bells, 06 kms from the main town of Jhalawar, is quite interesting. The entire township is located within a wall. Founded by parmara Chandra Sen, grandson of Maharaja Vikramaditya, it is located on the banks of the holy Chandrabhaga River. Raja Zalim Singh founded the present town near the ruins of the old Chandravati. Jhalarapatan, or Chandravati as it is called, has 108 temples. The sun temples (padamnath temple), the finest at Hadoti and built along the lines of Konark temple is still in good condition. The Chandravati group of temples includes shitaleshwar Mahadev, Kalka Devi, shiva and the Vishnu temples. Of special note are the carvings on various idols, pillors and an open porch. The armed Kalika and eight armed Ganesh are examples of superb craftsmanship.
About 11 kms from Jhalawar and 100 kms, south of Kota is the famous Gagron fort. The Ahu River and Kalisindh River surround the fort on three sides while on the western side there is a deep moat. Established in the 8th century, it was completed in the 14th century. The mausoleum of a Sufi saint lies outside the fort. An annual fair is held here during Ramazan.